Smile and discover all the friendly people around you….
Last couple of days I’m wondering if I have a sign written on my head: “Be nice please, I need it!” Or (probably more likely) I’ve finally opened my eyes to all the friendly little gestures, words, smiles and signs I receive every day.
- The courier guy who is always greeting me nicely and asks me how I’m doing,
- The friendly cashier in the supermarket who seems to be genuinely interested in my weekend,
- My colleague who is willing to help me out again,
- Another yogi in class who remembers that my family came around for Christmas and asks how that was,
- My partner who so kindly made my dinner again and knows exactly what to say to calm me down after a stressful day at work,
- The compliment I receive about my work & efforts from my manager,
- The smile of the lady I pass every day on my bicycle,
- My wonderful yoga teacher who hugs me after she has been away for a couple of weeks,
- Another great yoga teacher who makes me feel energized and feel confident after a challenging yoga class,
- The goodbye kiss I receive in the morning from my love before he leaves to work,
make my day!
- If I am practicing a challenging yoga pose it always helps me to smile. Then I immediately realize it is just a yoga pose and I shouldn’t take myself and life so seriously. It makes me light and yoga becomes so much more fun to do as well.
- The other wonderful thing about smiling is that everyone smiles in the same language. Whether we are aware of it or not – our body response on someone’s smile is a smile ourselves.
- Another note to keep in mind; a child smiles about 400-500 times a day! The average adult only manages to smile 10-20 times a day….Be a little bit more like a child!
- It makes me realizes that we look so much more beautiful if we smile. No matter how beautiful you are, if you look grumpy, you will be grumpy.
- Remember: You are not responsible for how your head looks like, but you can take responsibility for the faces you make.